Sunday, May 13, 2007

A Mother's Tears

(During the time that I was away with my wife for our belated 25th Anniversary trip, Pastor David Reagan of Antioch Baptist Church, Knoxville, TN won the victory of his battle with cancer, passing on to Heaven to meet his Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ. He was a great servant of the Lord, and his web ministry, Learn the Bible, is one of the best resources available for the simple, plain teaching of God's truths from His written word. Pastor Reagan was a great encourager, and his admonitions installed a work ethic in many people to happily get involved in the work of the Lord in some capacity. Listed below is a sermon outline of his discussing mothers which is quite relevant today as we celebrate Mother's Day. I pray that it will be a blessing to my blog readers. I want to wish my mother a Happy Mother's Day, as well as to my wife Rachel, who is the world's best mother to our six children. Where would we be without the love and direction of a mother, especially a mother who loves God and follows the instructions of His word???!!!)

Introduction: The sorrow of childbirth is often exceeded by the sorrows of seeing the needs of your child and toiling over their wellbeing. A mother’s lot is often defined by her tears.

I. FOR THE CHILD NOT BORN
A. Sarah (Genesis 16:1-5)
B. Hannah (1Samuel 1:1-10)
II. FOR THE CHILD THAT DIES
A. Bathsheba (2Samuel 12:15-18)
B. Naomi (Ruth 1:1-5, 19-21)
III. FOR CHILDREN AT ODDS
A. Rebekah (Genesis 25:21-23)
B. Eve (Genesis 4:8-10)
IV. FOR THE CHILD THAT SUFFERS
A. Syro-Phoenician Woman (Matthew 15:21-28)
B. Mary (Luke 2:33-35)
V. FOR THE CHILD THAT STRAYS
A. Eve (Genesis 4:1-7)
B. Prodigal Son’s Mother (Luke 15:11-13)
C. The Heaviness of Heart (Proverbs 10:1)

Conclusion: The godly mother has many tears, but God keeps those tears in His bottle. Psalm 56:8-9 states, “Thou tellest my wanderings: put thou my tears into thy bottle: are they not in thy book? When I cry unto thee, then shall mine enemies turn back: this I know; for God is for me.” Will you cry unto Him and know that He is with you?

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Sis. Julie said...

I was so saddened by the news of Bro. Raegan's passing on to glory...but I also rejoiced that his battle was over and he was eternally healed. Thank you for sharing this post. I, too, thank God for my momma. My momma didn't take me to church or even pray for me but she taught me many valuable things in my life at home. God truly blessed me with my momma. I just pray she will come to know the Lord so we can spend an eternity together with Jesus.

8:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bro. Jim,

I too was saddened with the passing of Pastor Reagan. He is no longer in pain, his work is done and now he is with his Lord. We will see him again one day.
Thanks for the post on Mothers. I am very blessed to have a Godly mother. I know she has prayed many times for me. When I was away from the Lord, she prayed everyday for me to come back to Him.

Yours In Christ,
Bro Rod

9:35 AM  
Blogger NoHayNada said...

This is a nice outline, praise the Lord for Godly mothers that have a desire for her children to serve the only true living God.

12:43 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

Sis. Julie, Bro's. Rod and Juan,

Pastor Reagan will be missed on this side, but I am sure he is enjoying his continued study of the word of God in Heaven, and praising and glorifying God!!!!!

Godly mothers truly are a blessing, but even a worldly mom can make all the difference in her child's life if she exhibits love and guidance and direction.

7:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home