Monday, April 23, 2007

Be Thankful!!!

Col. 3:17 And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.

1 Thess. 5:18 In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.

2 Cor. 2:14 Now thanks be unto God, which always causeth us to triumph in Christ, and maketh manifest the savour of his knowledge by us in every place.

Eph. 5:20 Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ;

Heb. 13:15 By him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of our lips giving thanks to his name.

Be thankful that you don't already have everything you desire.
If you did, what would there be to look forward to?

Be thankful when you don't know something,
for it gives you the opportunity to learn.

Be thankful for the difficult times.
During those times you grow.

Be thankful for your limitations,
because they give you opportunities for improvement.

Be thankful for each new challenge,
because it will build your strength and character.

Be thankful for your mistakes.
They will teach you valuable lessons.

Be thankful when you're tired and weary,
because it means you've made a difference.

It's easy to be thankful for the good things.
A life of rich fulfillment comes to those
Who are also thankful for the setbacks.

Gratitude can turn a negative into a positive.
Find a way to be thankful for your troubles,
and they can become your blessings.

Author Unknown

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger CindyMae said...

I just love this poem. I have seen it before and just love the what it says. Thank you for posting it as a wonderful reminder of just how thankful we should truly be!

9:04 PM  
Blogger Sis. Julie said...

The test of true thankfulness is definitely when we go through the tough times. Thank you for this post. I struggle with this at times with some things that the Lord allows me to go through.

10:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brother Jim, this was a tremendous blessing to me. I have this prayer hung in my home, which I thought would bless you:

A CONFEDERATE SOLDIER'S PRAYER
Author Unknown,
(Attributed to a battle weary C.S.A soldier near the end of the war)

I asked God for strength, that I might achieve;
I was made weak, that I might learn humbly to obey.
I asked for health, that I might do greater things;
I was given infirmity, that I might do better things.
I asked for riches, that I might be happy;
I was given poverty, that I might be wise.
I asked for power, that I might have the praise of men;
I was given weakness, that I might feel the need of God.
I asked for all things, that I might enjoy life;
I was given life, that I might enjoy all things.
I got nothing that I asked for, but everything I hoped for.
Almost despite myself, my unspoken prayers were answered.
I am among all men most richly blessed.

1:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bro Jim thanks for sharing these wonderful thoughts I agree with Mrs Julie it easy to be thankful when we are on the mountain, but the true test is when we are in the valley how we react.

Bro Tim

9:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great words brother. A reminder that is well needed.

3:58 PM  
Blogger Christopher Cline said...

May we always be thankful all the time for the blessing from the Lord in our lifes.


Lord Bless...

5:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home