Sunday, April 22, 2007

Two Poems to Develop "Passionate Passion" For Souls

O for a passionate passion for souls,
O for a pity that yearns!
O for the love that loves unto death,
O for the fire that burns!
O for the pure prayer-power that prevails,
That pours itself out for the lost!
Victorious prayer in the Conqueror's Name,
O for a PENTECOST!

By Amy Wilson Carmichael

Oh! for a heart that is burdened!
Infused with a passion to pray;
Oh! for a stirring within me;
Oh! for His power every day.
Oh! for a heart like my Saviour,
Who, being in an agony, prayed.
Such caring for OTHERS, Lord, give me;
On my heart let burdens be laid.
My Father, I long for this passion,
To pour myself out for the lost -
To lay down my life to save others -
"To pray," whatever the cost.
Lord, teach me, Oh teach me this secret,
I'm hungry this lesson to learn,
This passionate passion for others,
For this, blessed Jesus, I yearn.
Father, this lesson I long for from Thee -
Oh, let Thy Spirit reveal this to me.

By Mary Warburton Booth

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Sis. Julie said...

Those are two wonderful poems!!

12:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home