Saturday, December 24, 2005

Fellowship of the Unashamed

(An African Martyr's Last Words)

I am part of the "Fellowship of the Unashamed." The die has been cast. I have stepped over the line. The decision has been made. I am a disciple of Jesus Christ.

I won't look back, let up, slow down, back away, or be still. My past is redeemed, my present makes sense, and my future is secure.

I'm finished and done with low living, sight walking, small planning, smooth knees, colorless dreams, tame visions, mundane talking, cheap giving, and dwarfed goals.

My pace is set, my gait is fast, my goal is Heaven, my road is narrow, my way is rough, my companions few, my Guide reliable, my mission clear.

I won't give up, back up, let up or shut up until I've preached up, prayed up, paid up, stored up, and stayed up for the cause of Christ. I must go until He returns, give until I drop, preach until all know, and work until He comes.

And when He comes to get His own, He will have no problem recognizing me. My colors will be clear. "For I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Christ..." Rom. 1:16

Be part of the Fellowship of the Unashamed. It is the only way to live this life.

Remember this: To be a missionary you don't have to cross the sea, you just have to see the cross.

(Copied from pg. 219 of One Thing You Can't Do in Heaven by Mark Cahill)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

For your info.:The fellowship of the unashamed was written by Dr. Moorehead....not an African missionary...for more info..research the internet.

11:20 AM  
Blogger Jim said...

Anonymous,

You can see very clearly from the bottom of my post my reference for the post. I simply posted an encouraging narrative that I had read so that others may also be encouraged. I make it a habit to reference my resources...

Since you peeked my interest, I see that this writing was included in Dr. Bob Moorehead book "Words Aptly Spoken," a collection of poems and stories used over the years in his ministry. I have never seen that booklet, but will look it up in the future.

I also see, if the research on the Internet is correct, that unfortunately, Dr. Moorehead didn't heed the content of that message... but I also have learned, don't believe everything you read on the Internet.

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave a post....

9:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home