Thursday, November 24, 2005

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Here are a few verses with "thanksgiving" found in the book of Psalms in God's word to meditate and reflect on this Thanksgiving day.....

Ps 26:7 That I may publish with the voice of thanksgiving, and tell of all thy wondrous works.

Ps 50:14 Offer unto God thanksgiving; and pay thy vows unto the most High:

Ps 69:30 I will praise the name of God with a song, and will magnify him with thanksgiving.

Ps 95:2 Let us come before his presence with thanksgiving, and make a joyful noise unto him with psalms.

Ps 100:4 Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name.

Ps 107:22 And let them sacrifice the sacrifices of thanksgiving, and declare his works with rejoicing.

Ps 116:17 I will offer to thee the sacrifice of thanksgiving, and will call upon the name of the LORD.

Ps 147:7 Sing unto the LORD with thanksgiving; sing praise upon the harp unto our God:

Here are a few things I am thankful for.... not just on Thanksgiving Day, but every day that the Lord allows me to see the new day.

* The Gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ which I have believed by faith and has saved my soul!!!
* The Holy Spirit which guides and directs my life and helps me to discern truth from error.
* God's inerrant, infallible, perfect, preserved word, the Bible, which He has given to each of us to guide and direct our life and tell about His goodness and mercy through eternity past and eternity future; God's written word to mankind.
* The local church where I can worship, grow, fellowship, and serve along with my other Christian brothers and sisters in the Lord.
* A submissive, beautiful, loving wife, who sincerely loves the Lord with her whole heart, and sets the tone for the wonderful harmony in our home.
* Six wonderful children, five of whom are saved and are looking to the Lord for guidance in finding the right will for their lives, and one who is just now reaching the age of accountability, but already loves the things of the Lord.
* My extended family, friends, co-workers, and neighbors, who have been placed into my life to help me grow in the Lord.

Take time today the thank the Lord for something He has done for you!!! Have a Happy Thanksgiving!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Courtney, Jer.33:3 said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Daddy! I'm VERY thankful for you! I love you!

12:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Honey! It's been a wonderful day, hasn't it? God has been SO good to us...ALL the time. I love you very much and thank God for you.

Your Honskins

8:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home