Friday, July 08, 2005

What Do You "Want To" as a Christian???

Listed below are some "want to" items copied from Pastor Otwell in another mailing list..... do you have purpose in your Christian walk and life???

1. I want to LOVE like Jesus tells me to love, and to love all those whom he wants me to love. John 13:34,35 Luke 10:27 1 John 3:14 Ephesians 5:25
2. I want to LOOK before others like I should as a Christian, in my:
a. Appearance
b. Attitude
c. Apparel
d. Appetites
e. Actions
f. Activities
3. I want to LEARN more about Jesus and his life, so that I can be a better servant, and a brother to my brothers in Christ, and a husband to my wife, and a pastor to the church I now pastor. Matthew 11:28-30 2 Peter 3:18 Philippians 3:1-12
4. I want to LIVE a surrendered life, a life of sacrifice, and I don't want to forfeit the blessings of the future life in heaven, so I can enjoy this present life in this world. Mark 8:34-38
5. I want to LAY ASIDE every weight and the sin that will hinder my race for mark, and the prize. Hebrew 12:1 1 Corinthians 9:24-27 Philippians 3:13
6. I want to LIFT up Jesus to a lost and dying world, as well as to the wayward saints, the weary saints, the wasted saints, the wilderness saints, the wanting saints, the working, and watching saints. John 12:32
7. I want to be LED by the Holy Spirit of God in everything I do, in every place I go. I want the Holy Spirit to be in charge of all my activities, my actions and my associational ties. Romans 8:14 Galatians 5:16-26
8. I want my LIFESTYLE to be without carefulness, covetousness and incontentment. Hebrews 13:5,6 Philippians 4:6,7,11
9. I want to LAY UP treasures in heaven, by freely giving and investing in the souls of men. Mathew 6:19,20 Colossians 3:1-4
10. I want to LOG up more quality hours, and time for the Lord.... Ephesians 5:16
11. I want to LAST until my course has been run and finished. I want to be able to say with the saints of old, and the new testament saints, that I fought a good fight, and kept the faith. 2 Timothy 4:6,7 And to finish like Jacob, when I go be also found worshipping leaning on the top of my staff. Hebrews 11:21

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

AMEN!!!

7:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home