Monday, December 12, 2005

Do We Really Witness???

"You Lived Next Door to Me For Years"

You lived next door to me for years.
We shared our dreams, our joys, and tears.
A friend to me you were indeed,
A friend who helped me when in need.


My faith in you was strong and sure.
We had such trust as should endure.
No words between us ever rose,
Our friends were alike--and so, our foes.


What sadness, then, my friend, to find,
That, after all, you weren't so kind.
The day my life on earth did end,
I found you weren't a faithful friend.


For all those years we spent on earth,
You never talked of the second birth.
You never spoke of my lost soul,
And of the Christ who'd make me whole.


I'm lost today eternally,
And tell you now my earnest plea.
You cannot do a thing for me--
No words today my bonds will free.


But do not err, my friend, again.
Do all you can for souls of men.
Plead with them now quite earnestly--
Lest they be cast in Hell with me.
-- Arthur unknown

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow!! What an humbling and troubling thought. I'm not the soul-winner I should be for sure. My earnest prayer is that God would help me to be the soul-winner He would have me to be. There is no doubt that I have a lot of people's blood on my hands because I did not witness to them. Thank you for this sober reminder of what happens when we do not do what God has called us to do effectively as we should!! Good post Bro. Jim

7:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bro Jim you don't know me but I go to Bro Ron's church. I have to echo Mrs Julie that I am not the soulwinner I need to be. I thank the Lord though their are people I have led to the Lord in my life since I been saved. This is the nearest thing to the Lord's heart and that is people dying and going to Hell. THis is the reason Jesus was born over 2000 years ago. I have read some of your other posts and I wanted to let you know they have spoken to my heart. THank You for the powerful reminder that we are to tell people about the Lord.

8:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home