Friday, November 25, 2005

Personal Checklist For Revival

My former pastor shared this checklist with our church family about a month before one of our revivals at our church. I thought I would share it with you today to reflect upon your own Christian walk and need for personal revival in your relationship with our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

1. Am I in fellowship with the Lord? 1 Cor 1:9 God is faithful, by whom ye were called unto the fellowship of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord.

2. Do I have daily devotions? 2 Tim 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. John 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.

3. What is the condition of my prayer life? 1Thes 5:17 Pray without ceasing.

4. Do I harbor any bitterness? Heb 12:15 Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you, and thereby many be defiled;

5. Do I have any unconfessed sin in my life? Pslm 66:18 If I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear me:

6. Do I have ought against my brother? Mt 5:23-24 Therefore if thou bring thy gift to the altar, and there rememberest that thy brother hath ought against thee; Leave there thy gift before the altar, and go thy way; first be reconciled to thy brother, and then come and offer thy gift.

7. Do I love the brethren? Heb 13:1 Let brotherly love continue.

8. Do I gossip? Prov 11:13 A talebearer revealeth secrets: but he that is of a faithful spirit concealeth the matter.

9. Am I easily offended? 1 Pet 2:20 For what glory is it, if, when ye be buffeted for your faults, ye shall take it patiently? but if, when ye do well, and suffer for it, ye take it patiently, this is acceptable with God.

10. Am I guilty of the sin of stubbornness? 1 Sam 15:23 For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, and stubbornness is as iniquity and idolatry. Because thou hast rejected the word of the LORD, he hath also rejected thee from being king.

11. How is my relationship to my spouse, children, parents, brothers, sisters, employers? Eph 5:21-25 Submitting yourselves one to another in the fear of God. Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body. Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing. Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it; Eph 6:1-2 Children, obey your parents in the Lord: for this is right. Honour thy father and mother; (which is the first commandment with promise;) Eph 6:5 Servants, be obedient to them that are your masters according to the flesh, with fear and trembling, in singleness of your heart, as unto Christ; Eph 6:9 And, ye masters, do the same things unto them, forbearing threatening: knowing that your Master also is in heaven; neither is there respect of persons with him.

12. Do I ever go on visitation? Luke 14:23 And the lord said unto the servant, Go out into the highways and hedges, and compel them to come in, that my house may be filled.

13. Am I really what people see? 1 Sam 16:7 But the LORD said unto Samuel, Look not on his countenance, or on the height of his stature; because I have refused him: for the LORD seeth not as man seeth; for man looketh on the outward appearance, but the LORD looketh on the heart.

14. Am I concerned about souls? 1 John 3:17-18 But whoso hath this world's good, and seeth his brother have need, and shutteth up his bowels of compassion from him, how dwelleth the love of God in him? My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth.

15. Am I willing to inconvenience myself for others? Mt 5:41 And whosoever shall compel thee to go a mile, go with him twain.

16. Am I willing to ask the Lord to speak to me through the preacher and will I do what He says? James 1:22 But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home