Sunday, December 09, 2007

What The Church Is To Me

A door:
Into an opportunity for service.
Into the most useful life.
Into the best of life’s experiences.
Into the most helpeful future.

An armory:
To get power to fight evil.
To get inspiration to keep doing right.
To get an uplifting influence.
To learn how to use spiritual weapons.
To get a vision of Christ.

An anchor:
To steady me in the storm.
To keep me from the breakers.
To guide me in the strenuous life.
To hold me lest I drift from God.
To help me in the hour of temptation.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen Bro Jim thanks for sharing what the church is to you. I am thankful that God has allowed me to be a member of good churches to when I needed a skinning I got it, and when I needed to have comfort I got it, thank God for the Church.

Bro Tim

9:24 AM  
Blogger Sis. Julie said...

Amen!!

12:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

klnorth said....

Do any of you know of a rightly dividing grace believing church assembly in the Raliegh Durham area. I would be closer to Clayton, Garner, Smithfield. I live in Texas but am staying with my sister alot in NC with a sick relative.

10:37 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

Bro. Tim,

Yet I wonder about those "Christians" who have no interest in the church???

Klnorth,

I am not familiar with that area of NC... I am more in the central part of the state but have lived in the Charlotte area and the western part of NC... I know about those areas, but not where you will be located. I'll be praying for you as you help your sick relative!!!

10:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home