Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Several Late Thanksgiving Thoughts

(I know this is late since I was out of town last week, however, I thought I would share a couple of thoughts regarding the Thanksgiving Holiday season.)

THANK YOU GOD by Pastor Al Hughes

Thank You God for friends who care,
Friends who help my burdens bear.
A friend who helps to keep me sharp
Friends who hold me in their heart.

Thank You God for friends of grace
Who pray for me as I run the race.
Loyal friends through thick and thin;
With friends like these, I’ll surely win.

Thank You God for friends who guide,
When I’m wrong they never chide
When in despair they lift me out
When unsure they calm my doubts.

Thank You God for a friend’s smile
For those who go the second mile.
Friends who make my dark days bright
And assure me things will be alright.

Thank You God for friends so dear
Friends whose presence brings me cheer.
Friends who stick with me to the end,
Thanks again for the gift of friends.

The Key to Being Thankful is to Be Thinkful

A "gratitude attitude" does not start with being thankful. To be truly thankful, one must first be thinkful. We must first think of what God (and others) has bestowed upon us, and that causes us to remember the goodness of God. Once we have thought about it, remembered it, thought about it, then the heart right with God will be thankful for it. A thinkful heart can be a thankful heart, and a truly thankful heart can be a joyful, praising heart.

While in conversation with the Lord I was thinking that so much good comes from being thankful. It is so much more than just a "thank you"!
A truly thankful person is a thinking person. (And the Lord knows we need more godly, thinking people!)
A truly thankful person is one who has and keeps good memories alive.
A truly thankful person is one who learns to see the good in the bad of life.
A truly thankful person is a praising person.
A truly thankful person is one whose lifestyle is upbeat and with a good spirit about him.
A truly thankful person lives with hope in the future, good will come, because he remembers the good that has come to him, and others.
A truly thankful person thinks of the good that others gets, and he himself does not get, but is still giving thanks.
A truly thankful person is one who sees the bad others gets, and he himself does not get it, and is really giving thanks!
A truly thankful person is an encouraging person.
A truly thankful person is motivated by those things he thinks about, remembering that which he is thankful for, and he does right, and good faithfully, out of a heart that is thankful.

So, want the day to be happy, then be truly thankful! And this is NOT a holiday, this is a lifestyle. It is living as God has instructed us to live. Try it, you will like it!

By Bro. Don Moore

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Sis. Julie said...

Amen!! Great post Bro. Jim!!

10:33 AM  
Blogger Jim said...

Sis. Julie,

My family and I missed seeing ya last week when we were in GA...

Hope you had a great Thanksgiving!!!

7:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home