Monday, June 26, 2006

Biblical Descriptions of Love

  1. Love is a commandment. John 13:34 A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.
  2. Love is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost. Rom. 5:5 And hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us.
  3. Love is the fulfilling of the law. Rom. 13:10 Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.
  4. Love is the catalyst that gives meaning to speaking in tongues, to prophesying, to understanding, to faith, to charitable works, and to self-sacrifice. 1 Cor. 13:1-3 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal. And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing. And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.
  5. Love is kind. 1 Cor. 13:4 Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,
  6. Love is greater than faith and greater than hope. 1 Cor. 13:13 And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.
  7. Love is the fruit of the Spirit. Gal. 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
  8. Love is the bond of perfectness. Col. 3:14 And above all these things put on charity, which is the bond of perfectness.
  9. Love is of God. 1 John 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.
  10. Love is living according to God's commandments. 2 John 6 And this is love, that we walk after his commandments. This is the commandment, That, as ye have heard from the beginning, ye should walk in it.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bro Jim I thank God for his love today. I thank God that is love is unconditional. He loves me with a love that I can't explain. The best thing I can do to repay him is to give him my life and love him the best way I can. Thanks for the reminder for His love.

3:45 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

Bro. Tim,

And to think almost each day I grumble about something; yet I remember, the Creater of all loves me!!! My prayer is that I can show His love through me to others.....

6:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home