Saturday, June 03, 2006

A cross That is Not the Cross of Christ

"The religious boom of recent years has given us more Christianity, but it is worth less. Religion has become popular. Thousands of uninstructed and bewildered persons have accepted Christ, but they have not a remote idea of the true meaning of the Cross.
  1. They are not penitent.
  2. They evince no real fear of God.
  3. They have not separated from the world.
  4. Their psychology is pagan.
  5. Their ambitions are carnal.
  6. Their lives empty.

They turned to Christianity because it was at the moment the popular thing to do. They innocently believed what they were told and did what they were urged to do; but tragically they accepted a christ that is no Christ, and a cross that is not the Cross of Christ."

The above quotation is by A.W. Tozer.

(This statement was made almost 50 years ago since A.W. Tozer died in 1963; how much more true is it today??? The Christianity of today is nothing like it was in the early years of the church. The early Christians shook the world, and turned it upside down..... today, the world is rapidly moving toward snuffing out any existance of Jesus Christ. Many christians have been deceived by Satan and his false teachers..... many Christians are simply waiting for Jesus to return to take them home...... but there are many Christians still faithfully standing for Jesus Christ, still seeking the lost and pulling them from the flames of Hell, and still faithfully serving the Lord in obedience to His word.)

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is so true, Bro. Jim.

9:18 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

Sis. Kristina,

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.

6:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your welcome. I am sorry that I don't leave more comments on here than I do. I have enjoyed what I have read on your blog!!!

7:16 PM  
Blogger Nicki Baker said...

Hi, this is Courtney's friend. I totally agree with that blog post. I think it applies to some of the religious propoganda movies that have been out lately like the DaVinci Code. I haven't seen it and doubt I will, but I did see a special on Discovery Times or something about the book. Seems like rubbish to me.

8:36 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

Galaxysteel,

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment on my blog. I hope you are enjoying your new home on the West Coast...

6:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home