Saturday, April 22, 2006

Soul Winning Statements

(Here is another post from our church's soul winning visitation newsletter "Go Ye")

TESTS a Christian's faithfulness to the Saviour.

HELPS warm our heart for the condition of the lost.

EDUCATES the lost about the price that must be paid for sin.

MAKES us obedient to Christ's last command before His ascension.

ALLOWS us to illustrate the love of God to others.

IDENTIFIES us as Christians.

NEGATES all false doctrine and teachings.

TRANSFORMS every aspect of the church ministry.

HINDERS the devil's work.

INCREASES our potential for blessing.

NEAREST thing to the heart of God.

GIVES us a reason to keep on keepin' on.

Prov. 11:30 The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life; and he that winneth souls is wise.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is a very good thought about soulwinning.

7:50 AM  
Blogger Jim said...

Bro. Tim,

I'm glad that you enjoy the posts from our church's soul-winning newsletter.

6:12 PM  
Blogger shadman said...

Hi Jom lets see3 if you need to help or am I to far gone. I went to a Baptist church and things happened and I ended up leaving. I began to not agree with the pastor and the deacons so I left and found a book about abuse. So I went and told others to leave the church, which I should not od done and did. Now I have been told not to speak with members of the church and kicked out. I go to a new evangelical church they say and my walk is not worthy of the things I had to do. I guess I am in agreement with the people I go to church with now. However I want to find forgiveness in the church I left. Here is where I do not agree with the old place and where I want to kn ow what I do about the issues and I want to know why I think the way I do

Music, telling other churches in the area they are wrong, some things that were preached like forgiveness is for the Christians and we r not to forgive the none saved, dress I am not a suit and tie man and cannot afford them. Many other things I am not agreeing with to. Does this make me bad or in some minds and bad or is it I just do not see eye to eye. Ought I just be what they want and be something I am not ofr what ought I do

Shadman

7:24 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

Shadman,

I have sent you personal emails to discuss the issues that you have brought up, but I haven't received a single reply. Are you sincere regarding your request for help and further discussion???

7:22 PM  
Blogger Jerry Bouey said...

Jim, you probably know this - but you did not mention it in the post. Look at all the first letters in the statements:

They spell out, THE MAIN THING.

God bless.

12:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home