Saturday, February 04, 2006

The Soul Winner's Compensation

During our weekly outreach program at our church, a brief devotional is given by one of the members of the church staff using a one-page newsletter entitled "Go Ye." It is a brief study tool to encourage and help the soul winner. I thought I would share with you one of the "Go Ye" newsletters.

The Soul Winner's Compensation

I. A Cause for this life
A. It was Jesus' cause
1. John 18:37 ".... that I should bear witness unto the truth."
2. Luke 19:10 "For the son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost."
B. It should be every Christian's cause
1. Our Saviour died for the cause
2. Our Saviour rose for the cause
3. Our Saviour commanded us to make it our cause. John 20:31
C. It gives us a reason to act like Christians
1. Go to church
2. Give tithes and offerings
3. Live holy lives
4. Pray
5. Read the Bible
II. Completeness in this life
A. It sustains life. John 15:2
B. It purifies us. John 15:2
C. It is the result of abiding in Christ. John 15:5
D. It gets prayers answered. John 15:7, 16
E. It makes us wise. Proverbs 11:30
III. Contentment in this life.
A. John 15:11 ".... that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full."
B. Psalm 126:5-6 " They that sow in tears shall reap in joy. ....."
IV. A Crown in the next life
A. I Thess. 2:19 "..... crown of rejoicing"
B. I Cor. 9:23-25 "And this I do for the gospel's sake..... receiveth the prize...."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home