Thursday, November 27, 2008

Personal Thanksgiving Praise

Deut. 26:11a And thou shalt rejoice in every good thing which the LORD thy God hath given unto thee...

Here are some things I am thankful for as I reflect on this past year:
  1. First, I’m thankful I was born in America where there is freedom to preach the Gospel so people can be saved.
  2. I’m thankful God allowed me to live long enough to hear the Gospel and trust the Lord Jesus Christ as my Savior. 2 Cor. 9:15 Thanks be unto God for his unspeakable gift.
  3. I’m thankful God has given me the Bible, the perfect Word of God, for many people in this world do not have a copy. Psalm 56:10 In God will I praise his word: in the LORD will I praise his word. 1 Thess. 2:13 For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when ye received the word of God which ye heard of us, ye received it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which effectually worketh also in you that believe.
  4. I’m thankful for the line of channel of prayer whereby I can bring my petitions, supplications, and intercessions to God 24 hours a day/7 days a week. Psalm 28:6 Blessed be the LORD, because he hath heard the voice of my supplications.
  5. I’m thankful for God giving me a godly wife / helpmeet who loves and cares for me, prays for me, and serves the Lord with me. Prov. 31:28 Her children arise up, and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praiseth her.
  6. I’m thankful God gave me three Christian sons, three Christian daughters, one Christian son-in-law and one future Christian daughter-in-law who are all actively serving the Lord. Heb. 2:13 And again, I will put my trust in him. And again, Behold I and the children which God hath given me.
  7. I thankful for the opportunity to serve the Lord through various ministries at the local church which my family and I attend; a church which preaches the Gospel to evangelise both locally and around the world, which edifies and instructs believers, and which glorifies the Lord in all its ministries and activities. 1 Tim. 1:12 And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who hath enabled me, for that he counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry;
  8. I’m thankful for all the times the Lord has kept me from doing something stupid I would have regretted later. 1 Sam. 25:39 And when David heard that Nabal was dead, he said, Blessed be the LORD, that hath pleaded the cause of my reproach from the hand of Nabal, and hath kept his servant from evil: for the LORD hath returned the wickedness of Nabal upon his own head.
  9. I’m thankful for the trials and hardships of life God is using to make me more like Christ. Psalm 119:71 It is good for me that I have been afflicted; that I might learn thy statutes.
  10. I’m thankful for faithful friends who love me, pray for me, and, like iron, sharpen me. Prov. 27:17 Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend.

Psalm 89:52 Blessed be the LORD for evermore. Amen, and Amen.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home