Sunday, November 16, 2008

THE NEGATIVE AND POSITIVE OF MY CHURCH ATTENDANCE

Heb. 10:23-26 Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;) And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works: Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching. For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,

WHAT MY ABSENCE FROM CHURCH DID
  1. It caused some people to question the reality of my faith.
  2. It made some think that I was a pretender.
  3. It made many think that I consider my spiritual welfare and that of others a matter of small concern.
  4. It weakened the effect of the church service.
  5. It made it harder for the preacher to preach.
  6. It discouraged other church members and robbed them of a blessing.
  7. It made it harder for me to resist the temptation of the devil.
  8. It gave the devil more power and influence over lost people.
  9. It encouraged me to become more irregular in church attendance.

WHAT MY PRESENCE AT CHURCH DID

  1. It caused people to have confidence in me.
  2. It made people realize that I regard my spiritual welfare and that of others, matters of great importance.
  3. It had a good effect on the services.
  4. It made my friends feel more welcome.
  5. It encouraged other church members and helped the pastor in his work.
  6. It caused others to come to Christ.
  7. It made my life stronger for another week.
  8. It removed stumbling blocks from the sinner's path.
  9. It pleased God.
  10. It caused others to say, "He practiced what he preaches."

These notes were posted by Pastor Mike Walls of Freedom Baptist Church, Smithfield, NC on an email mailing list Saturday, November 15.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Christopher Cline said...

Great Post Brother,
May we all take this to heart.

2:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home