Sunday, November 02, 2008

Some Reasons to Read Your Bible

I want to provide you with some reasons to study, and to read God’s Word.
  1. The Lord commands it - 1 Tim. 4:15-16 Meditate upon these things; give thyself wholly to them; that thy profiting may appear to all. Take heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine; continue in them: for in doing this thou shalt both save thyself, and them that hear thee.
  2. I want real life - John 6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.
  3. I want to know true doctrine - John 8:31-32 Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.
  4. I want to be clean - John 15:3 Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.
  5. I want to be fruitful - John 15:4-5 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me. I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.
  6. I want my prayers answered - John 15:7 If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.
  7. I want to be prosperous and successful - Joshua 1:8 This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.
  8. I don't want to backslide - Psalm 37:31 The law of his God is in his heart; none of his steps shall slide.
  9. I want my soul fed - Deut. 8:3 And he humbled thee, and suffered thee to hunger, and fed thee with manna, which thou knewest not, neither did thy fathers know; that he might make thee know that man doth not live by bread only, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of the LORD doth man live.
  10. I want to grow - 1 Peter 2:2 As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby:
  11. I want understanding - Psalm 119:99 I have more understanding than all my teachers: for thy testimonies are my meditation.
  12. I want to be throughly furnished unto every good work - 2 Tim. 3:16-17 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.

By Mrs. Arnold Pent, from pages 173-174 of the book, “Ten P’s in a Pod”

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Sis. Julie said...

Amen!!

10:36 AM  
Blogger Jerry Bouey said...

This is a good list. I am going to pass it on to others. Thanks.

11:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home