Sunday, July 29, 2007

Live The Way You Pray

I knelt to pray when day was done
And prayed, "O God, bless everyone;
Lift from sorrowing hearts the pain,
And let the sick be well again."

And then I woke another day
And carelessly went on my way,
The whole day long I did not try
To wipe a tear from any eye.

I did not try to lift the load
From any brother on the road.
I did not even go to see
The sick man just next door to me.

And yet again, when day was done,
I prayed, "O God, bless everyone."
But as I prayed, into my ear
There came a voice which whispered clear,

"Pause, hypocrite, before you pray;
Whom have you tried to bless today?
Life's sweetest blessings always go
By hands which serve Me here below."

And then I hid my face and cried;
"Forgive me, God, for I have lied;
But let me live another day,
And I will live the way I pray."

By Whitney Montgomery

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Sis. Julie said...

Wow!! That gives a powerful message doesn't it?

12:58 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

Sis. Julie,

Yes.... I'm afraid many times I have failed to put some action into what I was praying about, expecting God to take care of it alone. How foolish of me!!!

7:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home