Saturday, July 28, 2007

Success or Failure in the Christian Life???

Here are a few steps to evaluate one's success or failure in the Christian life; are you practicing these things, or are they neglected in your daily walk for the Lord???
  1. Know that you know Jesus Christ as your Saviour - John 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: 1 John 5:12-13 He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life. These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.
  2. Be a witness for Jesus Christ - Matt. 10:32-33 Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven. But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven.
  3. Maintain devotions from His Word and open prayer to God the Father - Psalm 55:17 Evening, and morning, and at noon, will I pray, and cry aloud: and he shall hear my voice. Matt. 26:41 Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak. 1 Thes. 5:17 Pray without ceasing.
  4. Be a worker, not a shirker, showing your love for others - 1 John 3:14-18 We know that we have passed from death unto life, because we love the brethren. He that loveth not his brother abideth in death. Whosoever hateth his brother is a murderer: and ye know that no murderer hath eternal life abiding in him. Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren. But whoso hath this world's good, and seeth his brother have need, and shutteth up his bowels of compassion from him, how dwelleth the love of God in him? My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth.
  5. Be unselfish and give to others - 2 Cor. 9:6-7 But this I say, He which soweth sparingly shall reap also sparingly; and he which soweth bountifully shall reap also bountifully. Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver.
  6. Keep on keeping on - Eph. 2:10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them. 1 Cor. 10:12 Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall. Php. 3:13-14 Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus. 1 Cor. 15:58 Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home