Sunday, June 17, 2007

Happy Father's Day!!!

"By the time a man realizes that maybe his father was right, he usually has a son who thinks he's wrong. " -Charles Wadsworth

"Sometimes the poorest man leaves his children the richest inheritance." - Ruth E. Renkel

"The most important thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother." - Anonymous

"A Man's children and his garden both reflect the amount of weeding done during the growing season." - Anonymous

"The greatest gift I ever had came from God, and I call him Dad!" - Anonymous

"A father is a guy who has snapshots in his wallet where his money used to be." – Anonymous

"He didn't tell me how to live; he lived, and let me watch him do it." - Clarence Budington Kelland

My father used to play with my brother and me in the yard. Mother would come out and say, "You're tearing up the grass." "We're not raising grass," Dad would reply. "We're raising boys." - Harmon Killebrew

"One father is more than a hundred Schoolmasters." - George Herbert

"Small boys become big men through the influence of big men who care about small boys." - Anonymous

THE FATHERHOOD CYCLE

4 years: "My Daddy can do anything."
7 years: "My Dad knows a lot, a whole lot."
12 years: "Oh, well - naturally - Father doesn't know that either."
14 years: "Father? Hopelessly old-fashioned."
21 years: "Oh, that man is so out-of-date. What did you expect?"
25 years: "He knows a little bit about it - but not much."
30 years: "Maybe we ought to find out what Dad thinks."
35 years: "Let's ask Dad what he would do before we make a decision."
40 years: "I wonder what Dad would have thought about that? He was pretty smart."
50 years: "My Dad knew absolutely everything."
60 years: "I'd give anything if Dad were here so I could talk this over with him. I really miss him."

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger CindyMae said...

Great post! Happy Father's Day!

8:43 AM  
Blogger Sis. Julie said...

Wow!! Those age ranges and the thoughts we've had about our dads is so true!! I enjoy talking with my dad now...but as a young person I sure didn't like him much. And I sure didn't spend much time with him much less talking with him. Oh how I missed out on so much!! Now I just would like for him to get saved so we can rejoice and talk about the Lord. Without being able to talk about the Lord our conversations are awkward and short.

1:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home