Monday, June 04, 2007

Do You Have Character???

Here are some thoughts I have compiled and collected regarding character!!!!!

Sow a thought and you reap an act;
Sow an act and you reap a habit;
Sow a habit and you reap a character;
Sow a character and you reap a destiny.

Character is doing the right thing when nobody's looking. There are too many people who think that the only thing that's right is to get by, and the only thing that's wrong is to get caught.

If I take care of my character, my reputation will take care of itself.

Hard work spotlights the character of people: some turn up their sleeves, some turn up their noses, and some don't turn up at all.

Character is what God and the angels know of us; reputation is what men and women think of us.

Character is that which reveals moral purpose, exposing the class of things a man chooses or avoids.

A man's reputation is what other people think of him; his character is what he really is.

Men of genius are admired, men of wealth are envied, men of power are feared; but only men of character are trusted.

God alters our disposition, but he does not make our character. When God alters my disposition, the first thing the new disposition will do is to stir up my brain to think along God’s line. As I begin to think, begin to work out what God has worked in, it will become character. Character is consolidated thought. God makes me pure in heart; I must make myself pure in conduct.

God does not supply us with character; he gives us the life of his Son, and we can either ignore him and refuse to obey him, or we can so obey him, so bring every thought and imagination into captivity, that the life of Jesus is manifested in our mortal flesh. It is not a question of being saved from hell, but of being saved in order to manifest the Son of God in our mortal flesh. Our responsibility is to keep ourselves fit to manifest him.

God has a program of character development for each one of us. He wants others to look at our lives and say, “He walks with God, for he lives like Christ.”

God is more concerned about our character than our comfort. His goal is not to pamper us physically but to perfect us spiritually.

The measure of a man’s real character is what he would do if he knew he never would be found out.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bro Jim thanks for this thought provoking post. I do believe that if someone has shoddy character that it will eventually come out in there reputation. God help to keep clean when no one else is around. Good post.

Bro Tim

9:38 AM  
Blogger NoHayNada said...

I belive that these verses can be a help as a person devolopes his/her character:
Ecclesiastes 12:13-14
Revelation 4:11
Colossians 3:1-3
Romans 14:7-8
Colossians 3:16-17, 23-25

3:05 PM  
Blogger Sis. Julie said...

Amen!! I have to say that my character isn't what it should be. I find that I am at my weakest when no one else is around. Or when I'm in my home and not out in the public eye. And you are so right...it does show forth in our reputation. May God help us all to have character that is pleasing to the Lord so that our reputation (testimony) is what it needs to be for the Lord Jesus Christ.

6:40 PM  
Blogger Jerry Bouey said...

Bro Jim, this was great. Thanks for passing it on.

10:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home