Sunday, May 27, 2007

God's Progressive Revelation of the Law

Heb. 8:10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

God's progressive revelation throughout history involves several sovereign communications to mankind. Listed below are seven such revelations listed in the Bible;
  1. Written in nature - Psalm 19:1-2 The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork. Day unto day uttereth speech, and night unto night sheweth knowledge.
  2. Written in conscience - all men are without excuse - Rom. 1:19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.
  3. Written in stone - Ex. 24:12 And the LORD said unto Moses, Come up to me into the mount, and be there: and I will give thee tables of stone, and a law, and commandments which I have written; that thou mayest teach them.
  4. Written in scripture - Rom. 15:4 For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope.
  5. Written in Christ - John 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
  6. Written in believers - 2 Cor. 3:2 Ye are our epistle written in our hearts, known and read of all men:
  7. Written in the heart - there is a day coming where God will make Himself known in a new way by ruling visibly upon the earth and being personally accessible to all - Jer. 31:33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people. Heb. 8:10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

(A devotional thought taken from Days of Praise)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home