Sunday, March 04, 2007

Saved to Serve

2 Cor. 5:14-20 For the love of Christ constraineth us; because we thus judge, that if one died for all, then were all dead: And that he died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto him which died for them, and rose again. Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more. Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation; To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation. Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.
  1. We are not here merely to learn, but to lift - Gal. 6:10 As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith.
  2. We are not here just to absorb, but to give forth - Luke 6:38 Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.
  3. We are not here to be ministered unto, but to minister - Mark 10:35-45 And James and John, the sons of Zebedee, come unto him, saying, Master, we would that thou shouldest do for us whatsoever we shall desire. And he said unto them, What would ye that I should do for you? They said unto him, Grant unto us that we may sit, one on thy right hand, and the other on thy left hand, in thy glory. But Jesus said unto them, Ye know not what ye ask: can ye drink of the cup that I drink of? and be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with? And they said unto him, We can. And Jesus said unto them, Ye shall indeed drink of the cup that I drink of; and with the baptism that I am baptized withal shall ye be baptized: But to sit on my right hand and on my left hand is not mine to give; but it shall be given to them for whom it is prepared. And when the ten heard it, they began to be much displeased with James and John. But Jesus called them to him, and saith unto them, Ye know that they which are accounted to rule over the Gentiles exercise lordship over them; and their great ones exercise authority upon them. But so shall it not be among you: but whosoever will be great among you, shall be your minister: And whosoever of you will be the chiefest, shall be servant of all. For even the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many.
  4. We are not here just to be served, but to serve others - John 21:15-17 So when they had dined, Jesus saith to Simon Peter, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me more than these? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my lambs. He saith to him again the second time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my sheep. He saith unto him the third time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? Peter was grieved because he said unto him the third time, Lovest thou me? And he said unto him, Lord, thou knowest all things; thou knowest that I love thee. Jesus saith unto him, Feed my sheep.
  5. We are not here to hinder, but to help - Mark 14:3-9 And being in Bethany in the house of Simon the leper, as he sat at meat, there came a woman having an alabaster box of ointment of spikenard very precious; and she brake the box, and poured it on his head. And there were some that had indignation within themselves, and said, Why was this waste of the ointment made? For it might have been sold for more than three hundred pence, and have been given to the poor. And they murmured against her. And Jesus said, Let her alone; why trouble ye her? she hath wrought a good work on me. For ye have the poor with you always, and whensoever ye will ye may do them good: but me ye have not always. She hath done what she could: she is come aforehand to anoint my body to the burying. Verily I say unto you, Wheresoever this gospel shall be preached throughout the whole world, this also that she hath done shall be spoken of for a memorial of her.
  6. We are not here to be a burden to others, but to bear the burden of others - Gal. 6:2 Bear ye one another's burdens, and so fulfil the law of Christ.
  7. We are not here to stand on the sidelines and criticize the players, but to get into the game and help win the victory - Mark 16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

T. Myron Webb

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger CindyMae said...

What an awesome post. Points out many things that we need to really think about, ther real reasons we are here!

4:10 PM  
Blogger Sis. Julie said...

This is something that I remind myself each morning when I get up. I first thank God for the gift of another day and then I let Him know (also as a reminder to myself) that I know He put me here today to serve Him. I ask Him to equip me and help me to serve Him as He would have me to for the day He has given me. I realize that He has something for me to accomplish for Him each and every day....and I do not want to miss the opportunity to be a vessel that He would use to accomplish His will in this day. He sure didn't save me to sit idle and do nothing...what a waste that would be!!

8:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home