Monday, February 26, 2007

My Old Bible

Though the covers be worn and the pages be torn,
And some places bear traces of tears
More precious than gold is this book worn and old,
That shatters and scatters my fears.

When I prayerfully look in this precious old book,
Much pleasure and treasure I see;
Many tokens of love from a Father above,
Who is nearest and dearest to me.

This book is my guide, a friend at my side,
It lightens and brightens my day;
Each promise I find soothes and
Gladdens my mind,
As I read it and heed it today.

To this book I will cling, of it's worth I will sing,
Though losses and crosses be mine.
For I cannot despair though surrounded by care,
While possessing this book so divine.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger CindyMae said...

I love that!!!

2:08 PM  
Blogger Rita Loca said...

Aman!!

3:15 PM  
Blogger Sis. Julie said...

Amen!! That is a great poem.

5:47 PM  
Blogger Christopher Cline said...

Great Poem.

Lord Bless

7:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home