Tuesday, February 20, 2007

The Two Sauls

Deut. 11:26 Behold, I set before you this day a blessing and a curse; A blessing, if ye obey the commandments of the LORD your God, which I command you this day: And a curse, if ye will not obey the commandments of the LORD your God, but turn aside out of the way which I command you this day, to go after other gods, which ye have not known.

The two Sauls lived about one thousand years apart. One started out well and ended poorly, and the other started out poorly and ended well.

The first Saul got a kingdom and a crown; he had a lovely family (no father ever had a better son than Saul had in Jonathan); he had the friendship of Samuel, the best prophet there was on the face of the earth; and yet he lost the friendship of Samuel, lost his crown, his kingdom and his life, all through the act of disobedience.

Now take the Saul of the New Testament. When God called him, he was obedient to the heavenly vision, and he was given a heavenly kingdom.

One act of obedience, one act of disobedience. The act of obedience gained all; the act of disobedience lost everything.

I believe the wretchedness, misery and woe in this country come from disobedience to God. If people won't obey God as a nation, let us begin individually. Let us make up our minds that we will do it, cost us what it will; and we will have peace and joy.

D. L. Moody

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Sis. Julie said...

My ultimate desire is to live as God would want me to. I hope I will always do that with His help.

7:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home