Tuesday, December 26, 2006

A New Year's Message by Dr. Tom Wallace

(Pastor Mike Walls posted this sermon earlier today on a mailing list with a short New Year's challenge preached to Christians on January 4, 1997.)

Every Day I Will......
  1. Offer myself afresh to the Lord - Rom. 12:1-2 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
  2. Call upon the Lord in prayer - Pslm. 55:17 Evening, and morning, and at noon, will I pray, and cry aloud: and he shall hear my voice.
  3. Search and feed upon the word of God - Acts 17:11 These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.
  4. Seek to die to sin and self - 1 Cor. 15:31 I protest by your rejoicing which I have in Christ Jesus our Lord, I die daily.
  5. Speak to others about the Lord - Acts 5:42 And daily in the temple, and in every house, they ceased not to teach and preach Jesus Christ.
  6. Help someone in need - Heb. 3:13 But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin.
  7. Live and work expecting the Lord's return - Prov. 8:34 Blessed is the man that heareth me, watching daily at my gates, waiting at the posts of my doors.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent

10:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home