Monday, April 14, 2008

I Never Found the Time!!!

(Although the ending of this poem does not line up with the truth of God's Word, I thought I would post it anyway to present a sharp rebuke to those of us Christians, myself included, who neglect to tell others about the truth of Jesus, Salvation, Heaven, and Hell because we are too busy with the things of this world week after week, day after day, hour after hour, etc.!!!)

I knelt to pray but not for long,
I had too much to do.
I had to hurry and get to work
For bills would soon be due.
So I knelt and said a hurried prayer,
And jumped up off my knees.
My Christian duty was now done
My soul could rest at ease...
All day long I had no time
To spread a word of cheer
No time to speak of Christ to friends,
They'd laugh at me I'd fear.
No time, no time, too much to do,
That was my constant cry,
No time to give to souls in need
But at last the time, the time to die.
I went before the Lord,
I came, I stood with downcast eyes.
For in his hands God held a book;
It was the book of life.
God looked into his book and said
"Your name I cannot find.
I once was going to write it down...
But never found the time"

Rev. 20:12-15 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Sis. Julie said...

I know I should be and could be doing much better at getting the gospel out to others. Shame on me!! Thank you for once again stepping on my heart!! I needed this.

8:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Bro Jim needed this. I have been preaching this month on the need to reach lost people. The first message was are responsiblity to reaching lost people, second message is the example of reaching lost people, this week will be the call to reach lost people, then the last message will be the promise of reaching lost people. I pray it gives us a greater burden to do what we are suppose to do.

Bro Tim

5:55 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

Bro. Tim,

That sounds like a good series of messages; I pray that as a result, your church will bear much fruit in your community!!!

Sis. Julie,

My prayer is that we all can be better witnesses of our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ!!!

10:21 PM  
Blogger sattvicwarrior said...

I knelt to pray but not for long,
I had too much to do.

TO ACKNOWLEDGE ONES SPIRITUALITY IS A GOOD THING
I had to hurry and get to work
For bills would soon be due.

YADA YADA , WE ALL DO THE SAME THING
So I knelt and said a hurried prayer,
And jumped up off my knees.

OPPS. RITUALISTIC AND “AUSTERITIES DON’T CUT IT. TIS A COP OUT
My Christian duty was now done
My soul could rest at ease...

YEAH SUREEEEEE. BUYING YOUR WAY INTO HEAVEN? SORRY IT DON’T WORK.
All day long I had no time
To spread a word of cheer

SO? YOUR HUMAN . YA DO WHAT YA GOTTA DO .
No time to speak of Christ to friends,
TWO DIFERENT SCHOOLS of thought THERE DUDE
I knelt to pray but not for long,
I had too much to do.

NO BIG DEAL
I had to hurry and get to work
For bills would soon be due.

ITS CALLED WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD GOD HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH IT
No time to speak of Christ to friends,
SUCH ARROGANCE ON THE PART OF THE DORK THAT CAME UP WITH THIS WORK OF WORDS
They'd laugh at me I'd fear.
NAWWWWWW THEY WOULD IGNORE YOU [ OR WHOEVER WROTE THIS ROMANTIC TWADDLE OF SPIRITUAL NONSENSE. AS THEY IDENTIFY WITH GOD IN THEIR OWN WAY
No time, no time, too much to do,
That was my constant cry,
No time to give to souls in need

OH PULEEEZEEEEE LOUISE SUCH SELF INDULGENCE

But at last the time, the time to die.
CAN I PUKE HERE?
I went before the Lord,
I came, I stood with downcast eyes.
For in his hands God held a book;
It was the book of life.
God looked into his book and said
"Your name I cannot find.
I once was going to write it down...
But never found the time"

whoopeee. Whoever wrote this nonsense is a self indulgent twit That loves an S& M relationship with their spirituality to confirm their own pitiful existence which has NOTHING to do with GOD CONSCIOUSNESS

They'd laugh at me I'd fear.
THEY???????? THEY???????/ when you are in one with GOD there is NO “THEY”!!!!!!!!!!!!! it is YOU and GOD it is SINGULAR and NOT PLURAL
dude..
forget the romantic twaddle.
GOD is NOT that . what this bit of poetic nonsense is . is NOTHING more than EGO.

WHY is it people CONSTANTLY insult the greatness of CHRIST with that silliness ??. thanks .
hope you have
a good weekend ;
ps throw out any OTHER writinigs by that silly fool .
:)

9:28 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

Matt. 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

John 4:29,39 Come, see a man, which told me all things that ever I did: is not this the Christ? And many of the Samaritans of that city believed on him for the saying of the woman, which testified, He told me all that ever I did.

Matt 10:32 Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also before my Father which is in heaven.

Acts 1:8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

John 14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

1 John 5:2-3 By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments. For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

7:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home