Saturday, September 29, 2007

Sufficient Grace

2 Cor. 12:9-10 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.

The word "grace" is like a many faceted diamond. It is beautiful anyway you look at it. As one considers the grace of God, he is overwhelmed by its meaning and implications. God said to Paul, "My grace is sufficient for thee." Just what is sufficient grace?

When I think of God's grace, the thought that comes to mind is His inexhaustible goodness and mercy. By His grace, He saves the worst of sinners. By His grace, He protects from a thousand deaths. By His grace, He provides all our physical needs. By His grace, He comforts us in all our sorrows and by His grace, He gives us everything we need for this life and the life to come.

When we are at our weakest, grace has its greatest opportunity. In our frailty God shows Himself powerful to deliver, present to comfort and patient to acquaint us with Him who became weak that He might be made strong. When we have exhausted all our human resources, His grace has just begun. His is a sufficient grace!

By Pastor Ken Blue

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Jessica said...

That was a blessing!

9:24 AM  
Blogger Jim said...

Sis. Jessica,

I am glad that the post was a blessing to you. Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a comment.

6:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home