Monday, March 26, 2007

Walking in Truth

2 John 4 I rejoiced greatly that I found of thy children walking in truth, as we have received a commandment from the Father.

3 John 3-4 For I rejoiced greatly, when the brethren came and testified of the truth that is in thee, even as thou walkest in the truth. I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth.

The principle of "walking in truth" should indeed characterize the Christian's daily life, since;
  1. Our Lord and Saviour is Himself "the truth" - John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
  2. The word of God which we believe is "truth" - John 17:17 Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.
  3. And the Holy Spirit who indwells our bodies is the very "Spirit of truth" - John 15:26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:

The New Testament also uses other characteristics of the Christian life under the figure of walking:

  1. New life - Rom. 6:4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
  2. Led by the Spirit - Gal. 5:16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.
  3. With love - Eph. 5:2 And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweetsmelling savour.
  4. In wisdom - Col. 4:5 Walk in wisdom toward them that are without, redeeming the time.
  5. In the light - 1 John 1:7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.

All of these and other similar admonitions can be summarized as simply following the example of Jesus Christ.

1 John 2:6 He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.

Friend, are you walking in truth, following the commands of scripture and the example of Jesus Christ???

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That good, What do you think about double inspiration on the KJV? Is it right.


Tom

12:12 PM  
Blogger Sis. Julie said...

Great post Bro. Jim. I sure am trying to walk in Truth with my Lord's help.

2:59 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

Sis. Julie,

I know you are doing your best to walk in the truth... your testimony reflects that quite well!

Tom,

I am not sure what your definition of double inspiration means...

I do believe the King James Bible is the inspired, inerrant, infallible word of God for the English language today. I believe it says exactly what God would want us to hear if He was speaking to us in the English language. However, during translation into English I do not believe it was re-inspired if that is what you are asking.

I hope this answers your question; if not, post again and I'll try to answer you.

5:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you believe that the the Bible was in Inspred and during translation into English it was preserved?



Tom

2:55 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

Tom,

God promised to preserve His word to all generations...

PsalmĀ 12:6-7 The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times. Thou shalt keep them, O LORD, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever.

Let me add one item to the statement I made the other day...

I do believe the King James Bible is the inspired, inerrant, infallible, preserved word of God for the English language today.

6:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home