Thursday, March 15, 2007

A Self-examination for Church Members

What kind of church would my church be..... if every person were just like me?

How many worship services would we have had this year if everyone had stayed at home when I did?

How many times would an evening service or special meeting have been omitted if no one had gone except when I was there?

How many times would the Sunday School have met if they had met only when I attended?

How much Christian instruction would the children of our community receive if everyone showed as much interest in it as I do?

How many of my neighbors would have been invited to worship or welcomed into the church if everyone invited as many as I have?

How many prayers would have been offered for my pastor, the church staff, my neighbors, and my church, if every one prayed as I do?

How many times would the Gospel of Jesus Christ been shared with others?

What kind of church would my church be..... if every person were just like me???

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Sis. Julie said...

Wow!! This should definitely cause each of us to examine our lives as a church member. I have to say that if I weren't a pastor's wife would I go as much as I do. I hope that I would...but I know that there have been times that I've told myself that I need to go because I am the pastor's wife. I've not always "felt" like going...that is for sure. For that I have to say thank God I am a pastor's wife. Isn't that just the saddest thing you've ever heard?

11:08 PM  
Blogger CindyMae said...

This is a really great way to examine ourselves. Thank you!

11:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is real good.

Dave

2:08 PM  
Blogger Christopher Cline said...

Great Wake up post.


Lord Bless

6:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bro Jim this is a thought provoking post. I would hope that the church would thrive as a result of my life.
Bro Tim

9:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home