Thursday, January 25, 2007

Psalm 119 - The Word of God - Part 3

Psalm 119 is the longest chapter in the Bible. It deals completely with the Word of God. There are three things the Psalmist stresses in this chapter: 1) what we are to do with the Word of God, 2) what the Word of God will do for us, and 3) what the Word of God is to the Christian. This is the final post of the series. I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did during my Bible study. I pray that you love the Word of God and read it daily to find counsel from the God who created us and the entire universe!

What the Bible is to the Christian
  1. The Bible is more valuable than gold - vs. 72 The law of thy mouth is better unto me than thousands of gold and silver.
  2. The Bible is faithful - vs. 86 All thy commandments are faithful: they persecute me wrongfully; help thou me.
  3. The Bible is forever settled in Heaven - vs. 89 For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven.
  4. The Bible is sweet - vs. 103 How sweet are thy words unto my taste! yea, sweeter than honey to my mouth!
  5. The Bible is a lamp and a light - vs. 105 Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.
  6. The Bible is wonderful - vs. 129 Thy testimonies are wonderful: therefore doth my soul keep them.
  7. The Bible is truth - vs. 151 Thou art near, O LORD; and all thy commandments are truth.
  8. The Bible is true - vs. 160 Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Could you imagine if we didn't have the Word Of God.

6:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank God we have His Word!!! Shame on those who have not made it precious in their lives!!

8:52 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

Christopher and Sis. Julie,

Both of you have made excellent comments....

8:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home