Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Psalm 119 - The Word of God - Part 2

Psalm 119 is the longest chapter in the Bible. It deals completely with the Word of God. There are three things the Psalmist stresses in this chapter: 1) what we are to do with the Word of God, 2) what the Word of God will do for us, and 3) what the Word of God is to the Christian. I'll share the second point in today's post, while the next point will be the topic in my subsequent post. I pray that you love the Word of God and read it daily to find counsel from the God who created us and the entire universe!

What the Word of God will do for us
  1. The Bible will cleanse us - vs. 9 Wherewithal shall a young man cleanse his way? by taking heed thereto according to thy word.
  2. The Bible will give us counsel and advice - vs. 24 Thy testimonies also are my delight and my counsellors.
  3. The Bible will make us happy and delighted - vs. 24 Thy testimonies also are my delight and my counsellors.
  4. The Bible will quicken us or give us life - vs. 25 My soul cleaveth unto the dust: quicken thou me according to thy word.
  5. The Bible will enlarge our hearts - vs. 32 I will run the way of thy commandments, when thou shalt enlarge my heart.
  6. The Bible will make us wiser than our enemies - vs. 98 Thou through thy commandments hast made me wiser than mine enemies: for they are ever with me.
  7. The Bible will make us understand more than our teachers - vs. 99 I have more understanding than all my teachers: for thy testimonies are my meditation.
  8. The Bible will make us understand more than people older than we - vs. 100 I understand more than the ancients, because I keep thy precepts.
  9. The Bible will give us light - vs. 130 The entrance of thy words giveth light; it giveth understanding unto the simple.
  10. The Bible will give us peace - vs. 165a Great peace have they which love thy law:
  11. The Bible will keep us from being offended - vs. 165b and nothing shall offend them.
  12. The Bible will give us deliverance - vs. 170 Let my supplication come before thee: deliver me according to thy word.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great Post, I saw where your pastor is going to speak at the Pastors' School in Hammdand, Indiana.

Dave

10:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen!!! This Psalm shows us so many truths about God's Word. Thank you for pointing some of them out to us.

8:50 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

Dave,

Yes, he will speaking there this year.

Sis. Julie,

As I mentioned before, this is one of my favorite chapters in the Bible; because it teaches us the importance of God's Word!!!

8:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home