Sunday, October 28, 2007

Good Christians are Good Followers!!!

John 10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

The appeal to "follow me" is made by the Lord Jesus Christ several times. A consideration of each statement reflects the full orb of the victorious Christian life. Each "follow me" has a specific call to us.
  1. The Call to the Saviour! - Matt. 9:9 And as Jesus passed forth from thence, he saw a man, named Matthew, sitting at the receipt of custom: and he saith unto him, Follow me. And he arose, and followed him.
  2. The Call to Salvation! - John 1:43 The day following Jesus would go forth into Galilee, and findeth Philip, and saith unto him, Follow me.
  3. The Call to Surrender! - Matt. 16:24 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.
  4. The Call to Sacrifice! - Matt. 8:22 But Jesus said unto him, Follow me; and let the dead bury their dead. Matt. 19:21 Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.
  5. The Call to Stick! - John 21:19 This spake he, signifying by what death he should glorify God. And when he had spoken this, he saith unto him, Follow me. John 21:22 Jesus saith unto him, If I will that he tarry till I come, what is that to thee? follow thou me.
  6. The Call to Soul-winning! - Matt. 4:19 And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.
  7. The Call to Serve! - John 12:26 If any man serve me, let him follow me; and where I am, there shall also my servant be: if any man serve me, him will my Father honour.

By Dr. Shelton Smith

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Jerry Bouey said...

This was quite interesting. Thanks for posting it.

9:00 AM  
Blogger Jim said...

Bro. Jerry,

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I hope things are going well with you and your ministry!!!

6:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home