Wednesday, July 04, 2007

The Christian's Checklist - Part II

(I found this list from Pastor Steve Sturgeon of Dillon, Montana over five years ago and have kept it for review from time to time in my life; use this list to determine if your actions or walk is what it should be as a Christian. This is the second part of the list; please see the previous post on July 3 to see the first part of the list.)
  1. Am I searching for an excuse to justify what I want to do? - Luke 16:15 And he said unto them, Ye are they which justify yourselves before men; but God knoweth your hearts: for that which is highly esteemed among men is abomination in the sight of God.
  2. Do I have to hide it from anyone? - 2 Cor. 4:2 But have renounced the hidden things of dishonesty, not walking in craftiness, nor handling the word of God deceitfully; but by manifestation of the truth commending ourselves to every man's conscience in the sight of God.
  3. Did I handle the word of God deceitfully? - 2 Cor. 4:2 But have renounced the hidden things of dishonesty, not walking in craftiness, nor handling the word of God deceitfully; but by manifestation of the truth commending ourselves to every man's conscience in the sight of God.
  4. Will this in anyway defile God's body? - 1 Cor. 3:17 If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.
  5. Can I sincerely thank God for it? - 1 Thess. 5:18 In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.
  6. Can I do this in Jesus' name? - Col. 3:17 And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.
  7. Can I go all the way with it? - Col. 3:23 And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men; Eccl. 9:10 Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, whither thou goest.
  8. Have I prayed about it? - Psalm 66:18 If I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear me: Php. 4:6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.
  9. Will it increase or hinder my prayer life? - 1 Peter 3:7 Likewise, ye husbands, dwell with them according to knowledge, giving honour unto the wife, as unto the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life; that your prayers be not hindered.
  10. Am I breaking one commandment in order to keep another? - Jer. 48:10 Cursed be he that doeth the work of the LORD deceitfully, and cursed be he that keepeth back his sword from blood.
  11. What does my Pastor think of it? - Heb. 13:7 Remember them which have the rule over you, who have spoken unto you the word of God: whose faith follow, considering the end of their conversation. Heb. 13:17 Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they watch for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you.
  12. What does my church brethren think of it? - Prov. 11:14 Where no counsel is, the people fall: but in the multitude of counsellors there is safety. Prov. 15:22 Without counsel purposes are disappointed: but in the multitude of counsellors they are established.
  13. Would I like to be doing this when Jesus Christ returns? - 1 John 2:28 And now, little children, abide in him; that, when he shall appear, we may have confidence, and not be ashamed before him at his coming.
  14. How will it appear at the Judgment Seat of Christ? - Rom. 14:10-12 But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ. For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God. So then every one of us shall give account of himself to God. 1 Cor. 3:11-15 For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ. Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble; Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is. If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward. If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Sis. Julie said...

Man...this is another good checklist. I'm going to print this one off too if you don't mind.

11:46 AM  
Blogger Jim said...

Sis. Julie,

I don't mind at all... I had hoped this could be a help to some regarding their Christian walk.. it has been a help to me!!! I am sure Pastor Sturgeon had this in mind many years ago when he developed this list.

12:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home