When We Don't Humble Ourselves, God Will Humble Us
Deut. 8:2-3, 16 And thou shalt remember all the way which the LORD thy God led thee these forty years in the wilderness, to humble thee, and to prove thee, to know what was in thine heart, whether thou wouldest keep his commandments, or no. And he humbled thee, and suffered thee to hunger, and fed thee with manna, which thou knewest not, neither did thy fathers know; that he might make thee know that man doth not live by bread only, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of the LORD doth man live. Who fed thee in the wilderness with manna, which thy fathers knew not, that he might humble thee, and that he might prove thee, to do thee good at thy latter end;
1. God does not take pleasure in embarrassing us but He is certainly willing to embarrass us.
2. God is jealous of His good name and will not allow us to disgrace His name. Ex. 34:14 For thou shalt worship no other god: for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God:
3. God is no respector of persons. Acts 10:34 Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons: Rom. 2:11 For there is no respect of persons with God. 1 Peter 1:17 And if ye call on the Father, who without respect of persons judgeth according to every man's work, pass the time of your sojourning here in fear:
4. God does not care what may be your title or position, whether President, Pastor, manager, layman, laborer, etc.
5. If we continually hide sin in our lives we can be sure that it will come out. God is not afraid to humiliate any one of us. Num. 32:23 But if ye will not do so, behold, ye have sinned against the LORD: and be sure your sin will find you out.
6. God hates pride. Just as surely as Satan fell in his attempt to exalt himself so our pride will lead us to a fall. Prov. 16:18 Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall.