Monday, September 07, 2009

Out of Commission!!!

I know that I have very few regular readers of my blog, but in case you have wondered where I might be...... well, it seems as if I have been hit by a computer breakdown; well, my HP is just over six years old, and it has seen many numerous uses during the days of raising six children and finding valuable coupons and "specials" for my darling wife. Now, I have back-upped some valuable files in the past, but that only works if you are able to retrieve the actual CD with the copied files.... now I know it is around here somewhere. Anyway, I have lost all my email addresses so I cannot contact anyone.... unless of course you send me your address by means of a comment. I will not post the comments publicly if they contain that kind of information. I'd love to hear from you if you get a chance. I will get my valuable files off the hard drive when I can afford it; I have many Bible studies and discussions and notes that I miss being able to access, but in time, I will get these things back.

Some things of interest since I have been gone.....
  1. My beautiful daughter Courtney, married last October, is expecting..... yep, this young fellow who writes this blog is about to become a PaPa!!!!!
  2. Stephen and Becky are continuing to enjoy their newly married lives and are staying active in our church.
  3. Joshua has left home recently to attend a Bible college located in Iowa, praying for wisdom and direction for the Lord's will in his life.
  4. Rachel and I are beginning our 20th year of homeschooling with our other three children, with Caleb in the 12th grade, Bethany 8th, and Anna 5th.
  5. We enjoyed Bro. Stinnent Ballew preaching a Missions Conference at our church several weeks ago... our Faith Promise giving committment increased from just over $1200/week to just over $1800/week.
  6. Things are picking up at the mine, especially our export business during the last few months and looking to hold steady here in September; I'm looking forward to returning to five day work weeks and full pay after being on four days since the middle of February. However, even at reduced salary, God has supplied our every need for my family, just as He promised He would..... we serve a Great and Good God!!!!!

I hope to be able to return to some regular postings soon..... I pray that all of you and your families are doing well.

Thanks for taking the time to stop by from time to time and read my blog!!!!!

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep on posting. You and your family are in my prayers.


Yours in Christ,
Rod Wilson

9:59 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Mr. Jim,

It has been good catching up with your family! Hope that ya'll are having a great week! Tell Mrs. Rachel, "hello"!

Jennifer

2:02 PM  
Anonymous Emily said...

What if, instead of getting married, your children (but i'm most curious about your daughter) wanted to go to an ivy league university to further their/her education. Since this is hypothetical, let's say the entire tuition was covered by scholarships. Would you "allow"/give your blessing to/etc your children/daughter to go?

11:10 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

Rod,
Thank you very much for stopping by and praying for my family and I.

Miss Jennifer,
It's good to hear from you.... I understand you may be taking a trip up north to my old "stomping grounds" in the near future...

Emily,
Thanks for stopping by...hypothetical questions are usually asked by those who know very little about the lives, thoughts, snd actions of those to whom they ask the question too... but I guess there is no harm in answering your question.

Our family is committed to doing our best to follow the clear teaching of the Word of God... therefore, to be real brief, my answer would be NO!!!

I answered according to the faith and practices of my own family... your answer may be entirely different for you personnally. If God allows you to do that, go for it.... but I am real sure He would not give me or my family His blessing to do that.

Hope this helps....

6:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home