Saturday, May 31, 2008

Things We Know From Scripture

It does a Christian good to note the many things in God's Word we can know; things we can count on, things that do not change. Listed below is a short list of such truths that we can know:
  1. We can know that Jesus Christ is God; John 10:30 I and my Father are one.
  2. We can know that we are saved; John 6:47 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.
  3. We can know we are His dear children; 1 John 3:2 Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.
  4. We can know His protection; John 10:28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
  5. We can know He answers prayer; John 14:14 If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.
  6. We can know He will help us through temptation; Heb. 2:18 For in that he himself hath suffered being tempted, he is able to succour them that are tempted.
  7. We can know how we should act; John 13:15 For I have given you an example, that ye should do as I have done to you.
  8. We can know He desires us to speak on His behalf; 1 Peter 3:15 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:
  9. We can know that He will come again; John 14:3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.
  10. We can know of our eternal rewards; 1 Peter 1:4 To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This was awesome, Brother! I love these!!

3:44 PM  
Blogger Jim said...

Sis. Kate,

Thanks for stopping by....

8:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home