Thursday, December 07, 2006

Prayer Request For Pastor David Reagan

Please help me pray for a dear friend of mine and my family, Pastor David Reagan of Antioch Baptist Church in Knoxville, TN. He has a highly practical, biblically based web ministry, Learn the Bible (click the link above to take you to that site) with many great resources for the serious Bible student, as well as one who is seeking the truth about God and His word. His website receives thousands of hits per day and is reaching into the entire world, with many comments received from third world countries from persucuted Christians thanking him for the many Biblical resources which can used for their spiritual growth and ministry where they are located. Pastor Reagan was a tremedous help to me several years ago, and he has provided me much Godly counsel and wisdom as he helped me grow stronger in faith and purpose in serving my Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ. Please read the following information from their Learn the Bible newsletter dated 12/7/06 regarding Pastor Reagan's current health condition.

Brethren, Pray for Us - I Thes. 5:25

As many of you are aware, our Pastor has been dealing with a great deal of pain in his hip area for nearly a year. For the longest time, doctors were not able to find the heart of the problem. On Thursday, November the 30th, Pastor Reagan was diagnosed with cancer. We are not sure what type of cancer it is at this point. We ask that you pray fervently for the Lord's will to be accomplished in the life of our Pastor, his family and our church during this time of trial. We do not believe Pastor Reagan's work here is done and so we are trusting God to heal him. Below are some words of encouragement penned by Pastor Reagan after receiving the diagnoses.

"I do not know how to explain it apart from the Lord, but I have quickly received complete peace about the situation. I have always lived my life on the assumption that anything that happened to me totally apart from my own actions was automatically the will of God for my life. This assumption has always served me well. Why worry about those things that I truly cannot change. Therefore, I am convinced that this is of the Lord for His good. Though it may sound strange, I in a real way feel honored that the Lord would allow me to go through this trial for His sake. It is not persecution, but it is in the midst of a time of service for Him."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home